What you need to know
Pascack Valley and Mountainside physicians should refer to their site specific policies.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) has adopted a mandatory Influenza Vaccination policy for the 2019-2020 flu season.
The flu vaccination deadline has been extended to Monday, January 6, 2020.
All HMH team members, physicians, licensed independent practitioners, and adult volunteers MUST receive their flu vaccination or an approved exemption (Medical or Religious or Sincerely Held Belief) by Monday, January 6, 2020 under HMH’s mandatory Influenza Vaccination policy.
Anyone who continues to appear as non-compliant as of 12:01 AM on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 will not be permitted to return to work and will have up to 7 days to obtain the flu shot. This will be unpaid time and you will receive a written warning for failing to comply. Those who have not received the shot within the 7 day period will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
About the Policy
- Effective June 1, 2019, as a condition of employment, all active employed team members (clinical and non-clinical) and active non-employed staff of HMH must receive an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved exemption (Medical or Religious or Sincerely Held Belief) by December 1st of each year.
- Team members who request an exemption must complete and submit an exemption form to Occupational Health by October 1st of each year.
- The exemption forms will be reviewed and acted upon by the HMH Influenza Exemption Committee, which will notify team members of the committee’s decision within 10 business days of submitting the required documentation. Team members who receive an approved exemption will be required to mask during flu season.
- Failure to obtain influenza vaccination by December 1 each year will result in separation of employment for active employed team members or administrative suspension for active non-employed team members/third-party staff.
- Starting October 1st, Occupational Health will be offering the seasonal flu vaccine free of charge to all team members, physicians, licensed independent practitioners, and volunteers. Remember to bring your team member photo I.D. with you
Please visit https://www.teamhmh.com/occupational-health-center/ for more details about the Influenza policy, flu prevention FAQs, exemption forms and monthly flu vaccination schedules.