The following important Merit-based Incentive Payment (MIPS) dates and deadlines are fast approaching:
- December 31 – 2019 Promoting Interoperability Hardship Exception and Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Applications Clinicians, groups, and virtual groups who believe they are eligible for these exceptions may apply, and if approved, will qualify for a re-weighting of one or more MIPS performance categories.
- Note: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will notify applicants via email whether their requests are approved or denied. If approved, the exception will also be added to the QPP Participation Status Tool but may not appear in the tool until the submission window is open in 2020.
- January 2, 2020 – 2019 MIPS performance period data submission window opens.
- March 31, 2020 – 2019 MIPS performance period data submission window closes.
For More Information
To learn more, visit the QPP website and access the following resources:
- 2020 Virtual Groups Toolkit
- Improvement Activities Webpage
- 2019 Improvement Activities Fact Sheet
- 2019 Improvement Activities Quick Start Guide
- Promoting Interoperability Webpage
- 2019 Promoting Interoperability Fact Sheet
- 2019 Promoting Interoperability Quick Start Guide
- About QPP Exceptions Webpage
If you have questions, you can contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292/TTY: 1-877-715-6222 or QPP@cms.hhs.gov.