What you need to know
- Several new provider types are now eligible to participate, including physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and audiologists.
- New low-volume threshold exclusion criterion also takes effect. Several other changes will also take effect.
Four ways to prepare
- Check out the resources from CMS’ QPP Resource Library. You can download the 2019 MIPS “quick start” guide, the 2019 MIPS Payment Adjustment Fact Sheet, and other plain-English tools.
- Create a plan to earn at least 30 MIPS points. Final MIPS scores between 0-7.50 points = 7% penalty. MIPS scores between 7.51-29.99 points = 0% -7% penalty in 2019.
- Upgrade to 2015 Edition certified EHR technology (CEHRT). Contact your EHR vendor for more information.
- Select measures and improvement activities that will reward you with the highest MIPS score.