What you need to know
- Hackensack Meridian Health has recently launched Hackensack Meridian Health Healthy Connections, a social determinants of health program that will address non-medical patient needs.
- In addition to the new program, Hackensack Meridian Health Healthy Connections, is making a new tool, NowPow available to clinicians across the network as of June 28, 2021.
- Clinicians can use NowPow to refer patients to community resources like food pantries, behavioral health support, nutrition and transportation services.
- These personalized referrals are available in 150 languages and can be given to patients by email, print or text message.
- NowPow is embedded into Epic and can be added to the patient’s record. It has already undergone a successful pilot.
- To use this tool, clinicians must first complete their assigned NowPow training in SuccessFactors. This tool and training launches on Monday, June 28, 2021.
- Physicians unable to access HMH’s SuccessFactors or Epic can use NowPow by clicking here.
For more information about HMH Healthy Connections and how NowPow can help your patients, email email@example.com.