What you need to know
Starting Monday, June 3, standard safety huddles will be held at all clinical sites across the network. These safety huddles will occur on a daily basis for approximately 30 minutes with key clinical/operational leaders and medical directors.
The daily safety huddles will be led by each site’s chief hospital executive, chief medical officer or other senior administrative leaders. These briefing will be held to discuss and keep you informed of:
- Any safety concerns from the previous day
- Any departmental or unit issues that impact the smooth and efficient operations of the site or hospital
- Capacity management update, including LOS concerns, anticipated discharges with pending tests, ED status, patients admitted in the ED overnight and scheduled surgeries
- Availability of critical care, medical surgical and other beds
- Supply/equipment concerns
- Staffing concerns
- Service recovery issues
During these briefings, we will be able to identify close calls and potential hazards, improve patient safety, further team dynamics and help to promote an overall culture of safety.
Safety Huddles: Times and Locations
Below please find a list of the times and locations for each campus.