What you need to know
- Hackensack Meridian Health’s (HMH) home care and hospice entities will be transitioning to EPIC as their EMR system on November 1.
- It will now be easier than ever to refer patients to home care and hospice services, have access to monitor care across the continuum from physician office to hospital, care facility and home care.
- All of the HMH home care brands will be on EPIC making facilitating checking charts, progress and managing patient care across the network in real time.
This change has been years in the making and the home care/hospice teams have been training for a smooth transition in less than one week.
Home care and hospice entities
Home care and hospice entities by region are:
- Northern Region – Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and Visiting Hospice Service of New Jersey (both are partnerships with St. Joseph’s Health)
- Central Region – JFK At Home and JFK Haven Hospice
- Southern Region – Hackensack Meridian At Home and Hackensack Meridian Hospice
In addition to scheduling home care services through EPIC, call 1-800-655-2555 for any questions regarding services, care or medical equipment and supplies delivered to the home.
For HMH affiliated community physicians not currently on EPIC, EpicCare Link is available to provide a secure, web-based application for connecting to patient information and communicate with Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) facilities currently using Epic as their EMR.
Referring Providers can use EpicCare Link to quickly refer patients to our organization (Referral Order 34 – Referral to Home Health & Referral Order 35 – Referral to Hospice) and sign verbal orders.
For more information
For information on Home Care services and EPIC email Raymond.Lefante@HMHN.org (Monmouth and Ocean Counties) and Brian.Katz@HMHN.org (Middlesex, Somerset, Union, Passaic and Bergen Counties). To learn more about EpicCare Link visit https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/epiccare-link/