What you need to know
The next quarterly update to the Epic system is scheduled for Wednesday, May 11, 2022 from 1 a.m. – 4 a.m. IT will also use this downtime window to perform updates and maintenance to other systems.
The system is in a “Read Only” state which allows full access to retrieve information including census, results and medication records, but does not allow update or changes.
Information in Epic is up-to-date when the downtime begins. However no new information will appear until the downtime is completed. Scheduled reports from Epic and Epic data on Enterprise Analytics & Insight will be delayed due to this downtime.
Please take the time to review your local procedures.
Epic Customization will be temporarily unavailable beginning Sunday evening, May 8 and lasting until the update is complete on Wednesday, May 11. These include:
- Creating or editing filters in Chart Review
- Applying filters in work lists
- Customizing advanced settings for Charge Router Reconciliation and Routed Charges reports
- Creating or editing SmartPhrases and SmartLinks
- Personalizing dashboards
- Creating, Editing, and Sharing NoteWriter Macros
- Creating or editing QuickActions
- Adding users to In Basket pools
For details on what to do in each situation, click here for a tip sheet.
About the Epic Changes
This update will include changes to Epic applications to increase efficiency, improve care delivery and meet new regulatory requirements.
Notable changes in this update include:
- Application-specific educational materials will be available on the Epic Learning Home Dashboard and on the Epic Training Share Drive beginning Monday, May 2.
- Team members can also preview update changes in the Epic Playground beginning Wednesday, April 20.
- Internal Extension: x3333
- External Phone Number: 848-237-3333