As part of a new CMS Conditions of Participation rule, all hospitals are required to send ADT (Admission, Discharge, or Transfer) notifications to patients’ PCPs, as well as any follow-up physicians and/or facilities.
- For physicians with access to Epic, these notifications will be coming via InBasket.
- For providers at outside facilities, messages will be sent via Care Everywhere, the NJ HIEs, or via Direct Messaging.
- For InBasket messages, these messages will live in a separate folder labeled Hospital ADT.
Follow up physicians and facilities can be entered into the system using the Follow Up section in Epic. (See screenshots below.)
- This section lives within the Discharge Navigator for Inpatient Providers and Nurses.
- For Case Manager, this section lives within the Case Management Navigator.
- For ED providers and Nurses, this section lives in the Dispo Navigator.
Use the Search bar (or the Other – Lookup Button for ED Providers) to find and select the appropriate follow up providers and locations.