Effective October 1, 2021, four Hackensack Meridian Health hospitals will be renamed. In October, you will see some local advertisements on television, radio, newspapers, regarding our new hospital names. These renamings will affect Epic abbreviations (see below).
- JFK Medical Center will become JFK University Medical Center. Signs outside the hospital will officially change to University in October.This new name acknowledges the medical center’s exceptional teaching programs and important contributions it has made to deliver high-quality, compassionate care.
- Ocean Medical Center will become Ocean University Medical Center (OUMC). OUMC will be the first hospital with a “University” designation in Ocean County. The new name represents Ocean University Medical Center’s dedicated efforts and commitment to quality and patient safety combined with a vision for developing medical education programs that expose future physicians and clinicians to the latest innovations in medicine.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Old Bridge will become Old Bridge Medical Center. The surrounding community in Old Bridge has grown and become more vibrant in the past several years. With 68,000 residents and lots of construction going on in the town, HMH is looking to meet the needs of the growing Old Bridge community.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Perth Amboy will become Hackensack Meridian Raritan Bay Medical Center. Perth Amboy will be dropped from the name since we will only have one hospital with the Raritan Bay name.
NEW EPIC ABBREVIATIONS
To reflect these hospital name changes, Epic will use the following new abbreviations beginning October 4, 2021:
- RBOB ED is changing to OBMC ED
- RBPA ADMISSIONS is changing to RBMC ADMISSIONS
- OMC 5 SOUTH TELEMETRY is changing to OUMC 5 SOUTH TELEMETRY
NOTE: If clinicians have copied a system list(s) into their “My Lists” the name will change automatically.