We are pleased to announce that in collaboration with Lumeris, we will be hosting provider engagement education program (PEEP) sessions. The goal of the PEEP sessions is to enhance your knowledge to the principles of CMS-HCC risk adjustment model and the importance of accurate and complete documentation requirements for ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding.
In each session, we will discuss CMS-HCC risk adjustment coding, documentation challenges, and official ICD-10- CM diagnosis coding guidelines. These PEEP sessions are highly recommended for physicians, other qualified health care professionals, and coding and billing professionals.
- Review CMS-HCC risk adjustment model and why it is important
- Understand common conditions in the CMS-HCC risk adjustment model and how to properly document and code in ICD-10-CM
- Review specific official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and how they are applied for HCC diagnosis coding
- Identify elements of the medical record that help support the validation of an HCC diagnosis condition
- Identify documentation deficiencies for specific conditions
Participants who participate in these sessions will be able to:
- Gain knowledge on how to document and assign accurately specific ICD-10-CM codes
- Stronger understanding of the medical coding guidelines and regulations, including compliance and the impact of diagnosis coding on CMS-HCC risk-adjustment payment models
- Mindfulness to the auditing process for CMS- HCC risk adjustment models
- Identify and/or communicate documentation deficiencies to improve documentation for accurate CMS- HCC risk adjustment coding
2021 Provider Engagement Education Program Sessions
To register, click here. Live presentations are AHA CME per hour eligible.