What you need to
Hackensack Meridian Health announced January 23 that it has formed an expert Maternal Health Task Force to improve maternal health outcomes in the Garden State. New Jersey has the fifth highest maternal death rate in the country, even though at least half of maternal deaths are preventable.
4 objectives of the task force
- Oversee all of HMH’s efforts to improve maternal health.
- Raise awareness about maternal health in the communities we serve.
- Foster collaboration with other health providers and legislators across the state.
- Align the network’s goals for success among clinician team members, hospital leaders and network executives.
Task force members
Members are leading maternal health experts from across New Jersey, including:
- Mary Jo Codey, Co-chair and former First Lady of New Jersey
- Kathy Ellis, Co-chair
andHackensack Meridian Health Board Trustee
- Manuel Alvarez, M.D., Chair OB/GYN, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Carol Barsky, M.D., Hackensack Meridian Health Executive Vice President, Chief Quality Officer
- Andrew Rubenstein, M.D., Section Chief of Labor & Delivery, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Michael Kleiman, D.M.D., Hackensack Meridian Health Board Trustee
- Andria Schneiderman, Hackensack Meridian Health Hospital Corporate Board Trustee
“We are committed to reducing maternal mortality, maternal complications and racial disparity in