At Hackensack Meridian Health, we keep the health and well-being of our team members at the heart of what we do. To provide the highest quality care for our patients, we know our team members must first take care of themselves. On this page, you will find resources to assist you with caring for your own well-being – mind, body and spirit.
I’s okay to not be okay. There is no stigma in reaching out for help. Hackensack Meridian Health offers several options to help you take care of your emotional well-being.
TEAM MEMBER SUPPORT LINE
Caring and confidential help is available 24/7 by dialing 844-642-2665. LET OUR PROFESSIONALS TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT DETERMINING THE BEST RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOU.
- If you are having difficulty coping with the anxiety and hardships you may encounter each day when caring for our COVID-19 patients, or for any reason, Hackensack Meridian Health has a new resource to support you.
- Staffed by Behavioral Health professionals from across our network, the Team Member Support and Navigation Line is a key resource to connect team members with the caring, confidential support they may need during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
- Based on your feedback, this line will not only assist you in a moment of crisis, but will also direct you to other appropriate resources, making it quicker and easier to get connected with the help you need. Let our professionals guide you through the process. Many of the resources you may encounter during your journey are listed below:
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Contact Optum EAP by calling 866-407-5252, or by visiting www.liveandworkwell.com and entering our company ID: HMHNEAP
- If your fears and anxiety begin to interfere with your daily functioning, please call Optum, our Employee Assistance Program.
Team members and their families can take advantage of five (5) no cost counseling session to help address stress, relationship and other personal issues they may face including anxiety and depression, relationship/marital conflicts and alcohol and substance abuse. EAP is staffed by highly trained master’s level clinicians who will listen to your concerns and refer you to in-person counseling and other extended care resources such as:
- Relationship troubles
- Parenting and family issues
- Workplace problems or conflicts
- Stress and anxiety
- Child and eldercare support
- Living with chronic conditions
- Legal, financial and mediation services
Accessing your EAP is easy and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you call, an EAP specialist will listen to your needs and connect you to the appropriate resources. If you have any questions about services, coverage and more, visit liveandworkwell.com or call 866-407-5252.
For support from WeCare, please call 844-642-2665.
- The WeCare program is a confidential program dedicated to providing support for team members and clinicians who are coping with emotional aftershock, mental stress and/or grief due to a situation they encountered at work, such as an unintended patient outcome, exposure to a traumatic incident or concerns about COVID-19. This program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide peer-to-peer support for all team members.
"COPING WITH COVID" TALKS HELP BUILD RESILIENCY
If you are interested, please email COPINGWITHCOVID@HACKENSACKMERIDIAN.ORG
- As part of HMH’s evolving Well-being Resources for team members, Behavioral Health is pleased to introduce “Coping with COVID Talks”, group sessions especially tailored to provide emotional support to health care team members. Led by a licensed mental health care specialist, these group talks are focused on evidence-based techniques to support team members and build resiliency, and can be tailored to the needs of any group or team. Talks can be conducted in person or via BlueJeans if preferred.
The Bravo platform is mobile optimized and can be used via tablet or smartphone to access resources to help with stress reduction, home workouts, nutrition, finances and more! Find it at www.bravowell.com/HMH.
VISIT THE WEB SITE:
- Login or create an account
- Go to challenges or resources
OR, DOWNLOAD THE APP BY SEARCHING BRAVO WELLNESS in the app store
- Apple devices
- Google Devices
- Under company URL type in HMH
- Login or create an account
- Go to challenges or resources
TALKING TO YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT COVID-19
These are great resources for talking to your children about the COVID crisis.
They say it takes a village. For your convenience we have outlined community and HMH resources for your family.
- Every day we connect people to child care facilities, shelters, affordable housing units, social services, employment training programs, senior services, medical insurance and more. Learn about our resource database, help center and website.
- The New Jersey Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children is commonly known as WIC. WIC is a successful public health nutrition program that provides wholesome food, nutrition education and community support for income eligible women who are pregnant and post-partum, infants and children up to five years old. New Jersey WIC Services are available to low and no income families as well as families experiencing unemployment, military deployment or other interim family financial hardships.
SNAP: FOOD STAMPS
- New Jersey’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, NJ SNAP, provides food assistance to families with low incomes to help them buy groceries through a benefits card accepted in most food retail stores and some farmers markets. Eligibility is set by several factors such as income and resources.You can use SNAP benefits to stretch your food budget and buy nutritious foods that can keep you and your family healthy.
PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID
- The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology developed a free resource site which includes short videos demonstrating exercises anyone can do to help calm the nervous system, self soothe and clear the mind. Along with the videos are written instructions in multiple language options.
NJ MENTAL HEALTH CARES
- The state’s behavioral health information and referral service will now also offer help to people dealing with anxiety and worry related to the COVID-19 outbreak. New Jerseyans can call for free, confidential live support with trained specialists between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
SELF CARE TIPS FOR FIRST RESPONDERS FROM CDC
- The CDC offers helpful tips and information to help first responders manage all stages of personal response to a crisis.
COPING WITH STRESS DURING COVID-19
- In light of the current health crisis due to COVID-19, here are some remote resources and at-home activities to help cope with social distancing and self-quarantine.
COVID COACH APP
- The COVID Coach app was created for everyone, including Veterans and Servicemembers, to support self-care and overall mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The app features:
- Education about coping during the pandemic
- Tools for self-care and to improve emotional well-being
- Trackers to check your mood and measure your growth toward personal goals
- Graphs to visualize progress over time
- This site offers a care package offering of:
- These resources are meant to accompany a time of crisis and are available for free to the health care community.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: 180 TURNING LIVES AROUND
- 180 Turning Lives Around empowers survivors and families affected by domestic violence and sexual assault to find the courage and strength to turn their lives around. 180 supports this mission through 24/7 hotlines – including the 2nd Floor Youth Helpline, counseling, legal advocacy, emergency shelter and transitional housing and art, play and music therapy for children.
ADDICTION AND RECOVERY RESOURCES
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Cocaine Anonymous Online Meeting Directory
- In the Rooms
- Life Ring
- Narcotic Anonymous
- The Pheonix
- Recorded Speakers: 12 Step Programs
- Refuge Recovery
- SMART Recovery
- Sober Grid
- WEconnect Health Management
- GoPeer pairs vetted college students who attend top-tier universities with students between the ages of 5–18 for a 1-to-1 tutoring lesson.
TUTORING AND LEARNING
To set up a session or for further details, email: HMHCovidCareTeam@gmail.com
- HMH Seton Hall SOM medical students are providing services for children of our team members:
- Language lessons (English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Georgian, ESL)
- Dance lessons
- Tutoring/Homework help
- Music lessons (guitar, violin, piano, music theory)
- Virtual board games
Hackensack Meridian Health Resources
- If your child’s school closes, Hackensack Meridian Health Life Solutions program is available to assist you with securing emergency back-up child care for your healthy child.
- By calling 866-379-0244, you can speak with a representative who will help you find alternate child care for you infant, toddler, preschool or school aged child in a safe, licensed child care facility. Locating a provider could take up to 24-48 hours and a daily fee will be required made payable to the provider of service.
- Alternatively, HMH child care facilities have limited space, on a first come first served basis, for children age 5 and below of team members whose care has been disrupted due to school closings. Services will be subject to normal fee schedule.
- Please call the following numbers for information:
- The Sarkis and Siran Gabrellian Child Care & Learning Center (CCLC) at Hackensack University Medical Center – 551-996-2987
- Palisades Child Care Center – 201-945-1447
- Early Childhood Education Center at JSUMC – Neptune – 732-776-4400
- Early Childhood Education Center at Ocean Medical – Brick – 732-206- 8090
- Early Childhood Education Center at Riverview – Red Bank – 732-530- 2568
- Keith Wold Johnson Child Care Center - JFK Medical Center – Edison – 732-379-5101
ChildCare for Essential Workers
- The N.J. Office of Children and Families (OCF) has published new resources for essential workers to use to identify certified childcare centers.
The Convenient Care NOW telemedicine app offers no-cost video visits with board certified physicians for all benefits-eligible HMH team members and their dependents. Start an on-demand video visit 24/7 with the Convenient Care NOW app for treatment of common conditions like cold & flu, fevers, sinus infections, rashes, hives, allergies, UTIs, pink eye and more.
- Video visits via your computer, smartphone, or tablet in 10 minutes or less
- Peace of mind when your doctor’s office is closed
- Great resource for dependent college students or when traveling
Click here now to enroll yourself and your dependents and receive important updates and tips for staying healthy throughout the year.
Using Convenient Care NOW
To use the service, click here, login or sign up, enter one of the following codes and begin your free telemedicine visit:
- Up until December 31, 2020, use the code CARENOW2020
- Starting on January 1, 2021, use the code CARENOW2021
- For a limited time, non-benefits-eligible team members can also use Convenient Care NOW for free with code HMHCARE
You can also download the app by searching “Convenient Care NOW” in your app store.
Please note: In order to receive the free benefit, the proper code must be used each time a consult is requested.
- If you have Amazon Prime or an Amazon Firestick you have access to fitness videos ranging from children’s yoga to strength training to Zumba!
Spiritual Care is a resource created to support you, our team members, emotionally and spiritually as you navigate through the personal and professional challenges of this unprecedented time. Just as you are committed to providing exceptional patient care, we are committed to supporting your well-being in every possible way. We’ve worked with our network chaplains to bring you Spiritual Care resources that explore the full spectrum of experience, from grief and fear to hope and purpose.
The five areas of Spiritual Care are designed to help you process complex emotions and access sources of spiritual strength in response to your work related to COVID-19.
5 Categories of Spiritual Care
- Grief: Dealing with overwhelming patient illness, sadness and death
- Fear: Fear of catching coronavirus or passing it to loved ones, fear of this virus and what happens next
- Hope: How to maintain resiliency in our time of crisis
- Faith & Inner Peace: Allowing faith to guide you through difficult times, opening up to “let go and let be” to a higher power
- Meditation, Gratitude & Purpose: Practicing inner balance – mind, body and soul.
Resources include the following:
- Prayer Requests
- A special email has been established for team members to submit prayer requests. Please send your request to SpiritualCare@hackensackmeridian.org. All requests will be fulfilled by a member of the clergy.
- Video, Audio and Written Content
- Spiritual representatives throughout the Hackensack Meridian Health community have shared inspirational interpretations related to hope, faith and inner peace, fear, grief and gratitude/meditation/purpose. We hope you may find comfort and strength in their written and spoken words.
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Cotton (PDF)
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Cotton (PDF)_Spnaish
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Farnham (PDF)
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Farnham (PDF)_Spanish
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Armstrong (PDF)
- Finding Hope - by Reverend Armstrong (PDF)_Spanish
- "The Quiet Voice of Courage" with Rev. David Cotton (Video)
- "Hope in The Storm" with Chaplain Daniel Herman (Video)
- Faith and Inner Peace
- Meditation, Gratitude & Purpose
- Designated Renewal Spaces in Each Hospital
- In addition to the traditional chapels in the hospitals, each campus has designated special renewal spaces that can be used for meditation, self-care, prayer, reflection, or just a calm place to retreat to for a break.
- Designated Renewal Spaces by Location
While you care for our patients, let us provide some resources to help you care for your loved ones.
CIRCLE OF COMPASSION
- Hackensack Meridian Health has established the Circle of Compassion Program (powered by the Colleague to Colleague, WIN and other team member funds) to provide confidential aid for team members who are faced with emergent and temporary financial difficulties.
STUDENT LOAN SOLUTION FROM TIAA IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SAVI
Click here for more information about this program.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed by student debt, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) is a federal program designed to reduce that burden for some people who work in public service. Hackensack Meridian Health is considered a public service employer for the purposes of these programs.
- Simply put, PSLF pairs the immediate relief of an income-driven repayment plan (to make monthly payments affordable) with the longer-term relief of loan forgiveness for team members who qualify.
TIAA BANK – YIELD PLEDGE CHECKING, MONEY MARKET AND HOME LENDING
- Being a team member of Hackensack Meridian Health has its benefits. And TIAA Bank's Workplace Banking program is one of them. You can count on our Yield Pledge® promise to keep your yield in the top 5% of Competitive Accounts–always. Best of all, our products and services are designed to make a positive difference in your life.
TIAA VIRTUAL COUNSELING
- Meet with a financial consultant from wherever you are—on your laptop, smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
- You can access virtual counseling through any device and get advice and education about saving more, managing debt or planning for your future. It’s highly secure and private.
Caring for self is always important – and essential right now – as we support our patients, community, and one another, through this crisis.
Our Integrative Health and Medicine team offers several resources to help you manage stress and practice mindfulness. Whenever you can, take a moment to practice self-care.
Take a deeper dive every Wednesday and learn new tools and techniques to build resiliency and take steps towards positive change and optimal health.
We provide the following in-person & telemedicine services:
- Physician consultation
- Non-pharmacologic pain management
- Health Psychology
- Nurse Health Coaching
- Nurse Practitioner consultation
- Non-pharmacologic stress management
- Strategies to improve sleep
- Guided Imagery
- Reiki/Healing Touch